Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Surgery and a SALE!!!

First of all CONGRATS to TpT!! They are 3 million teachers strong and I am so excited that I can be a part of it.  I am joining in on the celebration with their site wide sale from 2/27-3/01. ALL products in my store will be 28% off on 2/27-2/28 and then I am extending the sale to 3/01 where my products will be 20% off!! Okay enough of the advertising, on to the surgery!!



Today we dawned some surgeon gloves and completed Contraction Surgery.  Thankfully all of our contractions made it out alive!!  This was so much fun for the kiddos as an introductory lesson to contractions.  The kiddos put on their gloves and laid out the surgical tools (scissors, index cards, a marker, and bandaids).


Then we wrote 2 words on the index cards (For Example: do not). These words were now our patients. Then we had to cut out the sick part (o) and bandage the patient back to gather so it could make sense again.





I don't think I have ever seen them concentrating so hard.  It was a difficult task bandaging those patients with those gloves on!! Do you have a fun way to teach contractions?? I'd love to hear it!!

Have a great week!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...