Sunday, November 17, 2013

Going Batty for Informational Books

I know! I know! I have been out of the blogging loop for a couple weeks…….It seems this year I can't keep up with everything!  Any Who on to the good stuff!

We have been studying the many features of Informational books and how they help us to understand the topic of the book better.  We began by sorting through our own classroom library.  We decided which books were fiction and why.  Then we decided which books were Informational and how we knew. In these photos the teams are working together to accomplish this task.  I LOVE to hear their reasoning behind these book talks.



 After many days of sorting, investigating, and discussing the many Informational text features and Fiction text features, we created venn diagram bats and sorted the features of books on their wings. Below is our shared reading version and a few of their mini versions.


In other news……...I have a give away happening VERY soon! Be sure to check back here to get the details!


 The ending date is subject to change so stayed tuned for sneak peeks of the products being offered and possible date changes!!

I would like to end my post tonight by saying THANK YOU!
To my students: Thank you for being so AWESOME and spending each day with me!
To my student's parents: Thank you so much for your continued support for our ongoing educational endeavors and allowing me the fabulous gift of being your child's teacher
To my blogging friends: Thank you for being an active supporter of the KBB blog (I promise that I will get better at staying on top of it - I am thinking my New Years Resolution will be to post at least 1 time a week.)

Have a super week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...