There were several "pros" and "cons" that I found in this product. I will start with the cons......
1. When I received the sharpener I was SUPER excited, only to open the package to see it was damaged. Not damaged with its inner workings, just on the exterior of the sharpener. This really doesn't bother me too much but it may some people. (I did not contact anyone about getting a replacement. I am sure that if I would have, they would have done something to fix the problem.)
2. The price......$24.99.....That is a lot for my teacher pockets.
3. The sharpener did not come with any kind of manual or set up guide. However, I did receive an email with a link for trouble shooting and other information.
4. This sharpener is not easy for little hands to just jump right in and go for it. I teach in a K/1 classroom and there is no way I could just say go sharpen your pencil using this. It would require a whole mini lesson at the beginning of the year modeling (several times) before they would be able to do it. Some of there little hands are just not capable of the pinching, pulling, and turning that this product needs in order to work properly. However you may always have those 1-2 kiddos you could show one time and they would be good to go! See below:
1. It is small and VERY quiet!
2. It is perfect for 3rd grade and up. They could easily manage this piece of equipment on their own.
3. It can attach to most surfaces with its little "hook" and if you are looking for a more permanent way of attaching, the company sells brackets that can do just that.
4. It works very quickly.
5. The pencils are the sharpest pencils I have every seen in my life.
Well, I believe that does it for my quick review. Do you have a favorite sharpener? Love to hear about it if you do!!